OPEN SOURCE SOFTWARE
We love open source, but not all open source is good for the community. In our experience the only licensing models that work are MIT or Apache2. So projects we release are licensed with the MIT license. If you develop open source we encourage you to do the same.
Placing complecated or onerous resctrictions on the usage of your code isn't really 'open.'
Projects we use.
From Plug to Phoenix there are a lot of really great open source projects that we use everyday.
Here's a code of conduct we try to adhere to when using open source:
- Report bugs back to maintainer of projects we use.
- When possible, submit patches or failing tests for any bugs we find.
- Contribute back any additions or fixes we make.
- Only maintain private forks of projects when absolutely necessary.
- Support organizations that support the open source community.